Chapped Lips

January 03, 2013


Here is a QUESTION from one of my FRESH FACED BEAUTIES...

Q: Ugh... Why are my lips so chapped and what can I do to fix it? 

A: Sometimes something as simple as licking our lips too many times can cause are lips to get chapped, because we get rid of the natural thin layer of oil on the surface. Oh and believe it or not you don’t have to be out in the cold to get chapped lips. When you crank up the heat during cold weather, the air in your home tends to become very dry. Chapped lips could also mean you may not be drinking enough water.

•             How can you protect your lips from the elements? Here is my TOP 3 MUST HAVES that will surely protect your lips in addition to having them feeling smooth and moist.


Kiss Me Tonight $20: Intense Lip Therapy by Philosophy
You can apply Kiss Me Tonight during the day and at night. With ingredients such as castor seed oil, Shea butter, sunflower seed oil, glycerin, olive oil, beeswax and much more your lips will be just fine during the winter.


Baby Lips $2.99: Lip Balm by Maybelline
Baby Lips has a Lip renewal formula that includes shea butter and 8-hr hydration for visibly renewed lips in 4 weeks.
Protection and clinical care for baby-soft lips



Eos Lip Balm $3.24   by EOS
Eos lip balm is 95% organic and 100% natural. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

•             What are some tips to keep your lips from chapping? Trust me honey, I know this is hard but try NOT to lick your lips, it will just make it worst. As I stated before during cold winter months our homes are nice and toasty so keep a humidifier in your room and keep it on during our much needed beauty sleep. Keep something on your lips at all times, don’t give them a chance to feel dry. Oh and last but not least, dink lots of water.

Well as always I hope this helps...

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Do you know of anything I can purchase or make that I can exfoliate my lips with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. exfoliate lips with one drop of honey and a pinch of raw sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will be trying this tonight. My lips are always so dry and constantly peeling

      Delete

recent posts