Did you know???

August 27, 2012


Do you love your phone as much as I do??!! I take my phone with me EVERYWHERE, sad to say but hey I do! Oh and I'm sure you do too. But DID YOU KNOW your phone can cause you to have breakouts on your face? Think about it, our phones get really dirty because we lay them just about anywhere. 

David Bank, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center explains that "When we talk on the phone, the warmth and moisture create a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. By constantly being on the phone, you cause acne mechanica. This is caused by not letting the pores breathe and the friction from your phone onto your face. It begins with rough and bumpy skin, and with continued irritation, it develops into inflamed pimples." 

So I suggest you clean your phone with a little rubbing alcohol or Lysol disinfecting wipes at least once a day.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts