EyeShadow BASE

May 05, 2011

Do you want to maximize the intensity of your eyeshadow?
Do you want you eyeshadow to last for hours?
Are you tired of fallout? (eye shadow falling beneath your eye and on your cheeks)

Well then honey you MUST use a Eyeshadow BASE before you apply your eyeshadow. Base is also slightly sticky and that helps with eyeshadow falling all over the place.

Eyeshadow BASE is easy to apply, you can just use the tip of your finger and apply it smoothly all over your lid. If you are new to make-up just get a white and neutral color base to start out with. I suggest you use NYX base. http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/eyes/eye-shadow-base/eye-shadow-base

M.A.C. has a product called PAINT POT, You can use paint pot as a base because its a highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/1573/Paint-Pot/index.tmpl

NYX Jumbo Pencil are great as a base as well. I use these when I'm going for a dramatic look such as a smokey eye. For example if I am doing a deep rich purple I use a purple Jumbo pencil first and then apply the eye shadow. Its great as a base because its made with mineral oil and powder and has the same consistency of a base. MUA's (Check on the right side of my blog for a list of make-up Artist lingo) call them grease paint sticks. Most good make-up brands make them such as M.A.C. and MakeUp Forever. NYX Jumbo pencil is LESS expensive tho!!



Stay tuned for Part 2 of this topic. I will have a pic of eyeshadow on skin with and without base so you can see the difference.

If you want to take it a step further for Flawless eyeshadow...then use a Primer first before the base.

Q: Monica what the HECK is PRIMER?
A: Don't worry, I'll explain in my next topic hehehee

Well as always, I hope this was helpful!

Oh and if you need me to enhance your beauty don't hesitate to contact me facesbymoni@yahoo.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts