Know your skin type?

April 13, 2011

Oily, Dry, or combination skin...Ugh!! They all can be a bit a pain in the butt! Especially for those who have no clue on how to wear the right foundation that will work with they re skin. Well don't worry honey because I'm here to tell you.


If you are not quite sure on what type of skin you have, there is a simple test you can do. Wash your face and gently dry your face with a towel. Next I don't want you to do anything with your face for about a hour and a half. When your time is up, and your face is feeling extremely tight and dry and you so badly want to just dunk your face in a bowl of vasaline then your skin type is DRY. However, if your face has naturally oiled up a lil or a lot all over your face, your skin type is OILY. Lastly if you noticed that some areas are oily yet some areas are dry then you have COMBINATION skin.


Q: What kind of foundation should I use?

A: Well the rules are if you are oily use a powder (Minerlized recommended) foundation. For dry skin use a liquid foundation. You can you both for Combination skin. I recommend Black Opal True Match Liquid Foundation Its lightweight, oil free, hypoallergenic formula contains pure silk powders to help refine pours. Vitamins A & E work to protect skin while Allantoin and Panthenol provide comfort and smoothing benefits. I have combination skin and the true match liquid FD really maintains a great feeling and look for my skin. Another great foundation is for all skin types is Revlon color stay. Which is also a oil free formula. I recommend work with fair skin shades. Both black opal true match and Revlon color stay is a must have in my make up case for me and my clients....so if you ain't know, now ya do! Stay tuned for more informational topics... Thanks for reading! Don't forget to sign up follow my blog if you like what you're reading :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts